Sunday, October 18, 2015

The Sky Is The Limit

They told me the sky is the limit, so I've started drawing plans for a rocket.

They told me the sky is the limit, so I've painted stars on my ceiling to remind me.

They told me the sky is the limit, so I've memorized constellations fully planning to touch them someday.

They told me the sky is the limit, so I've drawn the man in the moon more times than my own face.

They told me the sky is the limit, so I've dreamt how the stardust will feel falling through my fingers.

They told me the sky is the limit, but my brain can't comprehend rocket science and all the stars I painted peeled off 3 years ago.

They told me the sky is the limit, but I only remember one constellation and I don't have time to draw.

They told me the sky is the limit, but the only thing falling through my fingers is my patience.

They told me the sky is the limit, but they forgot to tell me how slippery the stars can be, and how the clouds won't catch you.

They told me the sky is the limit, but I am limited.

1 comment:

  1. Woah...I know the feelings. Space posts are my favorite and this is wonderful

    ReplyDelete