Sunday, October 18, 2015

Blue skies Blue eyes

Today I felt like blue.

Not blue, like sad blue, just the color blue.

Maybe it was the rain. Maybe it was my unbrushable hair. Maybe it was my eyes.

Today I felt like blue.

Not a bright blue, not a navy blue, just the color blue.

Blue always makes me think. Blue convinced me to go to the library. Blue pulled out my favorite boots.

Today I felt like blue.

Not like blue is a good thing, or a bad thing, its just the color blue.

Maybe he felt like green today. Maybe she felt like pink. I felt like blue.

Today I felt like blue.

Not sad, happy, good, or bad, just the color blue.

Maybe they don't remember. Maybe I need to move on. Maybe I don't

On November 2nd my world was washed in blue.

and today I felt like blue.

6 comments:

  1. November 2 was blue for me too. Thanks for not letting me be the only one to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. november 2nd was blue, in all different shades. thank you for writing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you just have such a unique writing style yet so #relatable.

    Always a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading your blog because I can always count on you for something original. I loved this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Blue always makes me think. Blue convinced me to go to the library. Blue pulled out my favorite boots"
    I loved this line

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is one of those posts when i KNOW it means something to you, deeply and honestly, but i'm not quite there and there's definitely something beautiful about stepping back and feeling your words, not for me, but for you

    ReplyDelete