Sunday, October 4, 2015

Electric Skies & Lightning Eyes

Your veins are like the branches of my favorite tree. 
I've always been too scared to climb it.

Your eyes are like the ocean I loved the first time I stepped on its shore.
I never learned how to swim.

Your smile is like stepping outside on the brightest summer day.
I've always preferred rain.

You're so wrong for me...

But when I'm with you I see lightning behind my eyelids and when I look up all I can feel is electricity.

And the words "You're my world" radiate under your fingertips.


I've had enough careless goodbyes and painful cries to know that
--this might be a hurricane warning--

but I think I'll take my chances with our electric skies and lightning eyes.


4 comments:

  1. "But when I'm with you I see lightning behind my eyelids and when I look up all I can feel is electricity."
    Beautiful.
    Your blog is my favorite of all the blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your title pulled me in but everything else made me stay. honestly could not find a single like to quote because i ended up highlighting the entire post and i know i'm rambling but i just love this so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh so good. "i never learned to swim"

    "hurricane warning"

    ughhhh soooo good.

    you're one of the greats & im proud of youuuu :)):)))

    ReplyDelete