Wednesday, September 9, 2015

strangers meeting at sometime

I don't think I'll be able to handle the "Hey how have you been? Haven't heard from you in so long!" Or the "Let's go grab lunch sometime and catch up!" But sometime won't happen because you're gonna be busy and I'm gonna be busy and something will always be in the way of sometime.
 

I can't stand knowing we're gonna be strangers. 


My heart physically hurts thinking how in 5 years we'll be asking about each others families when all we ever knew was making sure not to wake mom up when I got you home too late. 


"What's new with your life? Seems like it's been forever huh"


For now, it's dealing with goodbyes. This is the first of a long list that seems like it will never end, constantly rolling past May 28th catching momentum spiraling me through the cracks in my heart that keep expanding. 


For now it's "I'll miss you"'s and teary eyed hugs and forced bravery saying the final goodbye without breaking. 


"If he ever hurts you, you know I'll be here in a heartbeat"


So let's catch up in 5 years, talk about your toddler and my bookshop in Washington. Let's talk about how life never worked out like we planned, but how we're so glad sometime rolled around. 


Sometime, we'll be back together.

6 comments:

  1. Love that last paragraph. And the whole thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that last paragraph was awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baller. And by that I mean this post is just really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my life. Sooooooo true. so good. I'm crying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so obsessed with this I had to go back and read it again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. a bookshop in washington and you've won me over for eternity. I really love this post

    ReplyDelete