Wednesday, September 2, 2015

hat people

He's a fedora. She's a beret. He's a snap back with his favorite baseball team on the front. She's an Audrey Hepburn starring in My Fair Lady hat. But him... he's harder to categorize. 

He's the worn down baseball cap that you have hanging on your bed post. He's the hat you bought in Switzerland that only brings good memories. He's the hat your grandpa gave you on your first fishing trip, forever cherished.

He's the reason you wear the sun-bleached soccer club hat even though you hate soccer. He's the reason you finally had the guts to wear your enormous sun hat out in public. "It's perfect for the zoo, we'll go and you'll look beautiful." He's the reason. 

Some people are hat people. 

He's not. 

He hates hats.

But to me, for me, he's the hat that makes me comfortable. Makes me feel like more than myself. He's the addition to my head that makes me think clearer, nicer, better. 

He hates hats. But people are hats. 




"I like your hat" you. 


5 comments:

  1. Spectacular, I wouldn't have thought of turning it into a love poem, this was sweet.
    If it's not a love poem sorry for being stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like. Like. Like.

    He's the one that makes me want to wear the hat.

    He's the hat that hangs on the bed.

    This is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete