Thursday, November 26, 2015

To my good friend Carolina

Dear Carolina Liar,
 
I just wanna say thanks.

Thanks for letting me hide behind your name for a couple months while I tried to navigate the maze connecting my heart and my brain.

When we made it on the top 5 I'm sorry that I told my class it was me I just wanted to scream and shout THAT WAS ME NOT CAROLINA. THOSE ARE MY WORDS.

THAT WAS ME,

When we posted something we were proud of and got 1 comment I wanted to blame you.

Come on Carolina, 1 comment?

I'm sorry.

I wrote the words on this blog trying to make you proud of me...
what am I talking about... You are me.

Sorry you weren't a popular blog and this post will probably get 2 comments but you know me us.

We've never been popular.

So thanks for letting me post things I never would have had the courage to do under my name.

Thank you for gathering the praise on our good days and hiding my shame on the bad ones.

For letting people feel comfortable telling me they liked my words when they probably wouldn't have otherwise.

Thank you.

It's been a good run and I think we make a good team Carolina.

But there's only so many days until there's nothing in the world for me to hide behind. So I'm starting with you.

Sincerely,

Nicole Rae Anderson


16 comments:

  1. "those were my words that was me"

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhhh love you Nicole!!

    (also....you're one of the really good blogs)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing. Your blog has been awesome the whole way through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey thanks to you and emma, I didn't even need to reveal...haha jk

    Your blog is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Thank you for gathering the praise on our good days and hiding my shame on the bad ones." That sums it all up nicely.

    We should all do this. Blame our pen names for our failures and take the credit for our successes. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the way you revealed!!! perfect

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's nice to finally meet you

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still get think about "I wrote your name on my arm" I can probably quite most of it

    You're talented.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "I tried to navigate the maze connecting my heart and my brain."
    Great line, Great reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. UHHHHHH (Nelson grunt) now you can get up and share during journal jams and everyone can bask in your glory.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 'For letting people feel comfortable telling me they liked my words when they probably wouldn't have otherwise.'
    so good!!!! :) :) :) So nice to meet you!!!! You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "while I tried to navigate the maze connecting my heart and my brain."

    UNNHHH

    What a great reveal. Love love love this and have loved your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi, i like your blog and i like how cool you are and i like being your friend cause you are cool.
    also your blog is the best thing i have ever read and your words make me cry and laugh and make me feel lots of emotions.
    k cool you are a good writer.
    bye.

    ReplyDelete